If you are trying to lose weight, it is very important to keep track of your weight loss, which you can do by using a weight loss tracker chart made in Microsoft Office Excel.
It offers you a good way to measure weight loss progress on a weekly or monthly basis thus enabling you to meet weight loss goals.
Entering in your weight each day can motivate you to stick to a healthy diet and exercise plan.
Moreover, if your weight loss system isn’t working, which will be shown in the weight loss tracker chart, you will be able to make some changes in your diet plan to help you make forward progress in your weight loss attempt.
1. Open a blank worksheet in Microsoft Excel.
2. Enter your data in columns. For example, in the first cell A1 type "DAY". In the next cell B1 type "DATE" and in the third cell C1 type "WEIGHT". These are the headers.
3. In "DATE" column, type the date when you start the tracking. In the A2 cell where the day should be written type "=B2" and press "ENTER". If in the A2 cell appears the date instead of the day you will have to create your own format. Highlight the whole column A and right click it. Find "FORMAT CELL", click it, and under "CATEGORY" click "CUSTOM". In the Type box delete whatever it is written, and type DDD and click "OK". In the A2 cell will appear the first three letters of the day. If you want the full name, you will have to type DDDD and then the full name of the day will appear in the A2 cell.
4. In order not to write date every day, highlight cells A2 and B2. Point the mouse to the corner of the highlighted box and drag down. When you let go off the mouse, the days and dates will appear in columns A and B. However, there might be some dash marks in the columns, which mean that the columns are too narrow and you will have to make them a little bit wider. Point the mouse between the columns and drag it to the right until you see all the dates.
5. In the C column under the "WEIGHT", type the numerical values of your weight for each day.
Instruction on how to create the first chart
1. Highlight "DATE" and "WEIGHT" column together and click "INSERT" tab in the toolbar.
2. Choose "SCATTER" and under it choose the scatter you like. For example, you can choose "Scatter with smooth lines. When you click it, you will see the chart. If you click on the graph the new toolbar will appear, which gives you the ability to work with a graph
3. Now, you can add a chart title by clicking "LAYOUT" in the toolbar. Then click "CHART TITLE" and choose between "CENTERED OVERLAY TITLE" and "ABOVE CHART" or if you don't want the title choose "NONE". Type the title in the "CHART TITLE" box
4. Then you can choose the "AXIS TITLE" and on the horizontal axis, you can put "time" and on the vertical axis put "pounds or kilograms" depending on the part of the world where you live
5. When you have finished with adjusting different parts of the chart click off the graph and new toolbar will appear.
How to add some more data in Weight Loss Tracker Chart
Sometimes, the graph that you have in your chart is a bit wavy and that can be confusing. The Microsoft Excel enables you to make a smoother line, which will reflects the average weight loss for a certain period, for example seven days. It is called "MOVING AVERAGE".
1. In D1 cell type "7 MOVING AVERAGE" and go down to the 7th day and mark it (that is D8 cell). In the formula bar type "=AVERAGE(". In the "WEIGHT" column, highlight these seven days. Press "ENTER" and in D8 cell will appear the average for the last seven days.
2. Click on the D8 cell and drag all the way down. All new line of data will appear in the column. That is MOVING AVERAGE
3. Now, you can see how it looks on the graph. Click on the blue wavy line on the graph, right click, and choose "SELECT DATA"
4. Click "ADD" tab and "EDIT SERIES" box will appear. In the first empty line type "7 DAY MOVING AVERAGE WEIGHT". Select the values from the "DATE" column in the second empty line, and for the third line select the values from the "MOVING AVERAGE" column. Press "OK" and the red smooth line will appear on the graph.
Also, you can add a target weight line and here are the instruction how to do that
1. In E1 cell type "TARGET" and type your target weight in the cells E2 and E3. Drag them down and your target weight will appear in the whole column.
2. Now, you can plot that on the graph. Click on the red line, right click it and click "SELECT DATA", and add a new series. In the first empty line, type "TARGET WEIGHT", in the second line select the dates from the DATE column and for the third line highlight the target. If you have done it right, you should see the green line, which is your target weight.
As you may see weight loss tracker chart in Excel is very clear and visible. If you have stumbled on your weight loss diet or exercise schedule for some reason, the chart will show you the results immediately. At the same time if you take the required measures, you will also see the progress in your weight loss attempt.
Video step by step instructions how to create weight loss tracker chart in excel: