1. Open Outlook and then click on New email. Click on the body of the email that has opened.
2. Go to Options and click on Color. When the box pops up, make sure that Two colors is selected. For color 1 you can choose white, for color 2 another color, such as light blue, or something not too bright. Choose one from the Variants with a click. Click OK. Now you have a nice background that you can work on.
3. Now go to Insert and choose Picture. Find a logo that you have created before or the image that you would like to add to the template.
4. Go to Insert and click on Text box, Draw text box, and using the mouse draw the text box where you would like to add the text. For example this way you can add your address to the upper right corner of the email template. You can click in the box to start writing.
5. Click on Format then select Shape outline. Choose No outline if you want to make it look more elegant, or choose an outline that you like. Go to Shape fill and choose No fill or a color.
6. Go to Message and click on Signature. Choose Signatures from the drop down box. When a box opens up, choose Add new. You can type the signature into the box. There you can also edit the font type and color of the signature. In the signature you can add PS notes to clients or contact information.
7. Once you have written the text you wanted, you can add a link to it. Click on Hyperlink to add a link. This is the globe shaped icon on the far right of the box. Once you are done with everything, click OK.
8. Click on Signature again and add the signature that you just created. You can edit it and make it smaller or bigger in the email body.
9. Click on Developer and then choose Publish. Choose Publish form as and then choose Personal forms library. Name the template that you have created and click on Publish.
10. When you want to use the template that you have created, go to New Email, go to Developer and click on Choose form. There you have to select Personal forms library and click on your document. Choose Open.
11. Now you can freely edit and send the template that you have created.
When you create a sales letter, you can simply write the text once, make a template and then use the same email over and over again.
You can personalize it each time, but the main body of the text will always be the same. This way you can save precious time and there is a lesser chance for making mistakes: you only have to review everything once!
Outlook is great for creating sales letters. You can easily save the template you created, and then just load it every time you need to send it.
1. Open Outlook. Go to File menu and click on New. Choose New email message.
2. A new message box will open up. Give a subject to the email and write the body of the email as well. For example the subject can be Christmas sales at (company name). Make sure you leave some space for the personalized part of the email that you will fill in later on.
3. Go to File menu and click on Save as. In the list of Save as type select Outlook template. Click Save.
4. The template is ready now. Close the window. If a box pops up asking whether you want to save the message or no, click on No. The email is already saved as a template.
5. If you want to load the template, personalize it and use it, click on Tools menu. Select Forms and then select Choose form.
6. In the Look in box select User templates in file system.
7. Select your template and click on Open.
8. Now you can personalize the email before you send it to the recipient.
1. Make the letter easy to read - keep the sentences short and clear, be prompt and straight forward. The layout is also important: have a clear, easy to follow layout, where important information is easy to notice.
2. Capture the attention of the reader with headlines and post script. Make sure that if you offer a promotion or a special offer it is visible: you can use headlines with different fonts and color.
3. Put yourself in the position of the reader. Try to imagine what the customer wants and needs, and what turns them off.
4. Make the style of the letter professional, but keep the tone conversational.
5. Make it easy for the potential customers to become customers. Add sing-up links, give directions and give contact information.