Reminder emails can be written before a business meeting, an event, an appointment, a seminar, a project meeting etc.
When you create the letter format for such an email, it is especially important to emphasize the time and place of the meeting, but there are other things you should pay attention to as well.
A reminder email is necessary to make sure that co-workers or employees haven’t forgotten about the appointment.
1. Though the email might communicate something relevant, avoid using all caps. This seems too harsh and it should be avoided in professional letters, such as in a meeting reminder email.
2. Make sure that the place and the time of the meeting is highlighted in some way. For this you can either use a different colored font, bold characters or a larger size.
3. Give a phone number where you can be contacted in case someone has a question about how to find the place etc.
4. For the title use something obvious, containing the word reminder.
5. Request action if necessary in this email. For example if the attendees have to sing up or fill out a form, include a link or an attachment and mention it in the email.
Subject line: Reminder of meeting this week
Dear Mr. Maxwell,
I would like to confirm our appointment this week on the 3rd of November, Thursday from 3 pm at meeting room C 3. Please be there 5 minutes before the appointment.
I would also like to remind you that this meeting is mandatory. In case you cannot come to the meeting, please let me know as soon as possible. I can be reached by phone on weekdays from 10 am to 6 pm.
Thank you for your participation.