If you have a company or a business, most likely you maintain a good and long lasting relationship with your clients.
Whether somebody has been your client for many years or just a few months, sending them a farewell letter is often very important if the situation requires it.
A farewell letter for a client shows respect and appreciation, and it also leaves a good last impression.
If you have been working in a position where you had contact with clients regularly, listening to their advice and helping them when they needed assistance, you need to inform them that you are leaving your position and you no longer will be at their service.
This farewell letter can be written in several ways, but it should be a formal letter rather than an informal one.
1. You don’t need to say the reason for your leaving, but it’s nice if you do. For example you can simply mention that you are leaving for personal reasons or that you have decided to relocate.
2. Don’t forget to mention the date when you are leaving.
3. It is essential to tell the name and contact information of the person who will be working instead of you in the same position. This way the clients can know who to write to in case something is wrong.
4. Say thank you and express your gratitude towards the client and the years that you have stayed in contact.
5. You can choose to give the client your personal email address if you wish to stay in contact with them; this is not necessary however.
Subject line: Change of Service
Dear Mr. Cooper,
I am writing to you to inform you that I will leave Ember Enterprises by the end of the month. My last day of work is the 28th of June. I have decided to relocate; therefore I won’t be able to serve you as I did for so many years during which you were a faithful client.
I would like to thank you for your time and investments into Ember Enterprises. I was happy to help you and assist you whenever it was necessary. It was a pleasure to work with you during these years.
Your account will be handled from the beginning of next month by Janice Fowler. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact her if you need any assistance. I wish you all the best in the future.